Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Boondocks comic strips

    I have seen The Boondocks TV series before and I actually like how well it is done. I don't know a lot of the story, but the animation is great. The show can be a bit racy, but I do find most of it to be funny. It's definitely a show kids shouldn't be watching, though I'm sure they still do. I actually find one of the characters to be very smart and educational also in a way. I think the character's name is Huey. Riley, Huey's brother I believe, tends to be more the thug/gangster "wanna-be" and acts as if he's a big shot. Anyway, I didn't know there was a comic strip for The Boondocks and decided to check it out and see if it was as good as the animation.
     The character designs are not as detailed or "smooth" looking as the animation. I found it to be a bit more boxy or edgier, not sure if those are the correct words I want to use but will do for now. Though like every other comic strip, I'm sure they were drawn this way to simplify them and redraw them over and over. Also like most comic strips, the longer ones are in color. Which I really like to see both colored, and black and white strips.





No comments:

Post a Comment